213 10 months ago
213 10 months ago
Chicken Angara | Restaurant Style Chicken Angara | Chicken Angara Recipe | How to Make Chicken Angara
Chicken Angara gets it's name from the smoky aroma and flavour of the gravy that makes it unique from other chicken gravy curries. Chicken Angara is lightly spiced and the trick to the smoky flavour is the infusion of coal smoke in the marinade and curry by pouring ghee on a burning piece of charcoal.
- Chicken with bones- 750 gms
- Onions sliced & fried golden- 2 small
- Curd or yogurt- 250 gm
- Ginger garlic paste- 3 tsp
- Tomatoes quartered- 2 small
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 2 tsp
- Red food colour- a pinch
- Oil- 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Piece of charcoal for infusing smoke
- Ghee for smoking - few drops
Spices for dry masala powder:
- Coriander seeds- 3 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 2 tsp
- Whole dried red chillies- 4 nos.
- Green cardamom- 5
- Cloves- 6
- Cinnamon- 2 sticks
- Peppercorns- 18 nos
- Dry roast the spices for the masala powder, on a tawa on low flame for a minute. Cool & grind them to a powder in a grinder.
- Fry the onions till golden & set aside.
- Take a grinder & add the fried onions and the chopped tomatoes. Grind it into a smooth paste.
Chicken Marination & infusing the smoke:
Prepare a marinade:
1. Beat/whisk the 250 gm curd.
2. Add the 3 tsp ginger garlic paste
3. Add the powdered roasted masala and mix well
Take the chicken pieces in a bowl & add salt.
Next pour the marinade & add the food colour. Mix well.
For infusing smoke to get the Angara flavour
1. Fire up a small piece of charcoal directly on the gas stove till it starts glowing.
2. Place a small steel bowl on top of the marinated chicken
3. Once the charcoal is ready, hold it with a tong & place it in the steel bowl.
4. Immediately drop little ghee on the burning charcoal & close the lid immediately.
5. Do not open the lid for minimum for an hour.
You will get a smoky flavour in the marinade.
- Heat oil in a kadhai.
- Add the marinated pieces of chicken (without the marinade) & cook on high heat for 5 mins.
- Add the rest of the marinade and keep cooking for another 5 mins on medium heat till oil starts leaving the sides.
- Add in the tomato-fried onion paste & the Kashmiri Chilli powder. Mix well & fry for 2 mins.
- Add little water if required, lower flame & cook covered for around 15-20 mins till chicken is cooked & oil separates.
- Optionally infuse smoke into the chicken one more time for more smoky flavour. Cover it for around 10 mins & serve hot with roti or rumali roti.
#chickenangara #spiceeatschicken #smokeychicken
, chicken angara recipe
, chicken angara recipe | spicy chicken | chicken angara (boneless)
, how to make chicken angara
, simple chicken angara recipe
, restaurant style chicken angara
, koyla chicken curry
, koyla chicken karahi
, chicken angara masala
, spice eats chicken curry
, spice eats recipes
, spice eats chicken
, spice eats chicken recipes
, chicken angaara