31 6 months ago
31 6 months ago
Fish Cutlets | Spiced Fish Cakes | Fish Kebab Recipe | Fish Shami Kabab | Fish Kabab Recipe | Spiced Fish Kebabs
Ingredients for Fish Cutlets:
- Fish: Basa or any other boneless fish chunks- 300 gms
To be boiled with:
- Salt- 1/4 tsp
- Pepper- 1/4 tsp
- Green cardamom-2
- Cinnamon, 1” pieces- 2
- Coriander/Cilantro/Parsley leaves- 5-6 sprigs whole
- Boiled potatoes- 2 medium ones (75 gm each)
- Onion, fine chopped- 1 medium
- Ginger, fine chopped- 1” piece
- Green chilies, chopped- 2 small whole chilies
- Coriander/Cilantro or Parsley leaves, fine chopped- 5 tbsp
- Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala powder- 1/2 tsp (Link to our Garam Masala Recipe: https://youtu.be/1trtejl8hwM)
- Cumin powder- 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Oil- 3 tbsp
- Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker till 2 whistles. Let the pressure release, drain the water & allow the potatoes to cool. Alternatively, boil the potatoes in an open sauce pan till tender but not too soft. Drain and allow to cool.
- To boil the fish pieces, place the pieces in a pan, add water sufficient to cover the pieces. Add all the ingredients indicated above. Give a mix and boil the fish pieces till tender. Depending on the type of fish should take 7-8 mins on medium to low heat.
- Once cool, peel the skin & mash both the potatoes & fish pieces separately.
- Fine chop the onion, green chillies, ginger and coriander leaves/ cilantro.
- Mix the mashed boiled fish and potatoes.
- Add the chopped onions, green chilies, ginger and coriander leaves/ cilantro.
- Add the spice powders and salt. Mix to combine well.
- Take out small portions & form kebabs/patties.
- You should be able to make 8-10 kebabs/paties based on size.
- Now take a frying pan & heat oil & arrange all the kebabs. If required fry in 2 batches.
- Fry on one side on low heat for around 6-7 mins till golden.
- Flip it on the other side & continue to fry for 6-7 mins. If required, keep turning till it is golden/ light brown on both sides.
#fishcutlets #fishkebab #fishcakes #fishkabab #fishshamikabab #fishkebabrecipe #spicedfishcakes #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatsfish
, fried fish
, fish cutlets recipe
, fish cutlets
, fish kabab
, fish kebab
, fish kabab recipe
, fish kebab recipe
, fish recipes for dinner
, fried fish fillet
, fried fish recipe
, how to make fish kabab
, spice eats
, spice eats recipes
, spice eats fish recipes
, fish recipes
, easy fish cutlet recipe