218 2 years ago
218 2 years ago
How to Make Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani | Authentic Hyderabadi Mutton Dum Biryani Recipe | Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani Recipe | Hyderabadi Mutton Dum Biryani | Mutton Biryani Recipe | Hyderabadi Dum Biryani
Ingredients for Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani:
For marinating the Mutton
- Mutton - 1 kg
- Salt - 1/2 tablespoon
- Raw papaya paste- 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste (thin) - 4 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder - 4 tsp
- Green cardamom powder- 2 tsp
- Cloves (Lavang) - 4
- Cinnamon (Dalchini) - 4 one inch sticks
- Shahjeera (caraway seeds) - 1 tsp
Give a good mix before adding the following:
- Onions, fried crisp & roughly crushed - 5 tbsp or 4 medium onions
- Whisked curd/yogurt- 250 gms
- Coriander leaves, fine chopped - 1/2 cup
- Mint leaves (Pudina) , rough chopped - 1/2 cup
- Green chillies, chopped- 2
- Lemon juice- 2 tsp
- Groundnut oil (in which onion was fried),cooled - 4 tbsp
For cooking rice & Dum cooking :
- Basmati Rice - 750 gms
- Shahjeera (caraway seeds) - 1/2 tsp
- Green cardamom - 3
- Cloves - 3
- Cinnamon- 2 pieces
- Salt- 2 1/2 tablespoon
- Saffron strands soaked in warm milk
- Water to boil the rice- around 2.5 litres
- Onions, sliced fine & fried crisp (birista) - 1 medium
- Mint leaves - around 10- 15 leaves torn
- Ghee- 1 tbsp
- Clean & wash the mutton.
- Slice 5 medium onions & fry in oil till golden (birista). Remove & once cool, roughly crush 3/4th of it with your hands and set aside the balance for use later at the time of layering the rice.
- Reserve 4 tbsp of the oil that was used for frying the onions.
- Make a powder of the green cardamoms to give 2 tsp powder.
- Fine chop 1/2 cup coriander leaves, 2 green chillies and rough chop 1/2 cup mint leaves.
- Marinate the mutton with the items specified above. Mix well & set aside for 3 hrs.
- In case you want to marinate and keep the mutton overnight keep in the fridge, then DO NOT add the raw papaya paste.
One hour before cooking the rice:-
Take 1/2 cup of warm milk & soak few strands of saffron. Mix it with a spoon.
30 mins prior to cooking the rice:-
Wash & soak the Basmati Rice for 30 mins.
Take out around 10-15 mint leaves.
Take 2 flat bottom cooking pots :
- Cooking Pot 1 - heavy bottom flat pan for Dum
- Cooking Pot 2 - flat bottom pan for cooking the Basmati rice
- Take the Cooking Pot 1 and arrange the marinated mutton pieces in one layer, not leaving any gap. Pour the entire marinade, coating all the mutton pieces.
- Now take cooking Pot 2 & add around 2.5 litres of water to cook the rice . Place it on high heat.
- You may include the water in which rice was soaked in this 2.5 litres for enhanced flavour & taste.
- While the water is coming to a boil, add Shah Jeera - 1/2 tsp, Green cardamom - 3, Cloves - 3, Cinnamon- 2 pieces, Salt- 2 1/2 tablespoon ( two and half tablespoon)
- Stir it well to dissolve the salt completely . The water must be very salty.
- Add 1 tsp of ghee.
- Once the water is boiling add the strained basmati rice & stir it well.
- Continue to boil it on high heat, stirring few times very gently to not break the rice.
- Exactly after 5 minutes while still on high heat, start scooping out the half cooked rice with the slotted ladle & spread it on the arranged mutton in Cooking Pot 1. Continue doing that till half of the rice is arranged.
- Now spread the torn mint leaves on this.
- Spread out the balance rice on top of the 1st layer of rice. (You can strain the rice if it’s easier for you and then spread on top.)
- Now sprinkle saffron milk on the rice in a circular motion, the fried & the balance ghee.
- Now, seal the Cooking Pot 1 with foil to seal it tightly . Fold it in & place the lid on top.
- Place this pot directly on flame/heat for 10 mins on high.
- After 10 mins, take a heavy tawa & shift the Cooking Pot 1 onto the tawa to cook on DUM.
- Keep on high for 2mins & lower the flame to low & cook on DUM for 35 mins.
- Once done, rest the biryani for 15 mins before removing the foil and serving.
#hyderabadimuttonbiryani #hyderabadimuttondumbiryani #muttonbiryani #hyderabadidumbiryani #muttonbiryanirecipe hyderabadibiryani #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes spiceeatsbiryani
hyderabadi mutton biryani recipe
, how to make hyderabadi mutton biryani
, mutton biriyani
, hyderabadi mutton dum biryani
, hyderabadi mutton biryani
, mutton biryani hyderabadi recipe
, mutton biryani recipe
, how to make mutton biryani
, hyderabadi dum biryani
, hyderabadi biryani
, world famous hyderabadi mutton dum biryani
, how to make hyderabadi biryani
, authentic hyderabadi mutton dum biryani recipe
, spice eats recipes
, spice eats
, mutton biryani