124 2 years ago
124 2 years ago
Learn how to make Chicken Handi, one of the most popular chicken curry recipe at home with Neelam only on Get Curried.
Chicken Handi Recipe is a very traditional restaurant style chicken handi recipe that is made in a special vessel called a handi. Handi is a kind of cooking pan that was used in Indian cooking with a shallow depth and a wide bottom in olden days which was made of clay. However these days it is not so common to cook in such pots or to even find it. So don't worry, you can make this tempting dish in the khadai that you have at home. Try this recipe out and do post your comments.
750 g chicken thigh
2 sliced onions
2-3 chopped tomatoes
3 tbsp ghee
4 cloves garlic chopped
11/2tsp ginger paste
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp chilli powder
3-4 green chillies
Salt to taste
1 tsp garam masala
2 tsp dried fenugreek
1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup cream ( optional)
- Heat ghee in a pan. Allow it to melt.
- Fry onions in ghee till they are dark golden brown.
- Once they are dark brown, remove the onions and keep them separately in a bowl.
- In the same ghee, add chopped garlic and tomatoes. Cook them until they are soft.
- Add the fried onion back in the ghee and mix it well.
- Add ginger paste and mix it well.
- Add cumin seeds, crushed coriander seeds and green chillies.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and chilli powder. Give it a mix.
- Add boneless chopped chicken in the mixture and mix it well.
- Fry them well till they are nicely cooked.
- Cover it with a lid and allow it to cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked well, add yoghurt.
- Add crushed coriander seeds and fenugreek leaves and mix it.
- Pour cream along with fenugreek leaves and garam masala.
- Give it a final mix and serve hot!
#ChickenHandi #ChickenRecipe #GetCurried #ChickenGravy #ChickenCurry
Host : Neelam Bajwa
Subscribe and Get regular Updates: http://bit.ly/SubscribeToGetCurried
A Handi is a cooking basin made from copper or clay (pot), which calls the Indian subcontinent home. It is utilised primarily in north Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi cooking.
, Chicken handi recipe
, how to make Chicken handi
, Chicken handi dhaba style
, sanjeev kapoor
, Chicken handi recipe in hindi
, Chicken handi recipe pakistani
, cook with faiza
, Chicken handi biryani
, Chicken handi marathi
, chicken soup
, chicken mayo roll
, chicken cutlets
, chicken manchurian
, chilli chicken
, chicken chilli
, chicken 65
, roast chicken
, chicken khadai
, chicken burger
, chicken curry
, chicken momos
, chicken lollipop
, Chicken Popcorn